March 18, 2012

The Danish Brigade

It's been a while since I set up any photos on terrain. I needed to take some Napoleonic photos for upcoming contributions in Wargames Illustrated and Wargaming in History, so while I had all of the lights and terrain out, I thought I'd slip in a shot of the Danish brigade in action!

This four battalion group makes a perfect brigade for a game with Beneath the Lily Banners. In the future I have plans to add a combined unit of grenadiers painted in the colors of these units, perhaps a battalion gun or two, and - of course - a brigadier (available soon from Warfare Miniatures).

The first unit of my next brigade - one of two Dutch Guard te Voet - are awaiting basing and should be on the site later this week.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Clarence, they look fantastic as a brigade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking brigade, combined gren co's will look splendid. The standards look a bit large, I'm not complaining mind, I tend to oversize mine makes for a great TT visual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Pig (or may I call you Paint?), the flags ARE oversized. For actual scale, they would be closer to 30x30mm (roughly six feet square for 28-30mm models). My units normally sport 40x40mm standards...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent !!!!

    Very good work Clarence !

    Best regards dalauppror

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just superb... exquisite... love the flags, and I'm a member of the oversize fraternity as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looked great as individual regiments but even better when you see the whole Brigade together.

    ReplyDelete