December 28, 2012

A Tale of One Gamer - Part Nine

Whew! This the last post of 2012 and the last post in my A Tale of One Gamer series.





The last pic, for those unfamiliar with Tyranids is a Tyrannofex and the thing is bigger than a tank! Here is the final Tyranid list of units:

HQ
Hive Tyrant
Tyrant Guard Brood (2)
Tyranid Prime

Troops
Tyranid Brood (3)
Genestealer Brood w/Broodlord (10)
Termagant Brood (18)
Hormagant Brood (16)
Hormagant Brood (16)

Elites
Lictor Brood (2)
Zoanthrope Brood (2)

Fast Attack
Ravener Brood (3)
Spore Mine Cluster (4)
Spore Mine Cluster (4)

Heavy Support
Carnifex Brood (2)
Tyrannofex

I far exceeded my goal as my army is up to 86 models and 2300 points (basically the cost of the Tyrannofex). While I am finished with the A Tale of One Gamer series, I have decided to push this army on to 3000 points as I have time. I still want to add a Trygon (or two - I easily have enough units to build a two force structure army) and a second unit of Tyranids. I also like to max out each branch selection so I need another Fast Attack (the second spore mine unit doesn't really count as I would probably field a single unit of six) and another Elite choice - probably a Gargoyle Brood and Hive Guard Brood respectively.

One of the goals of this project was to concentrate on models I already owned. I bought the Tyrant Guard Brood, Lictor Brood, Zoanthrope Brood, and Tyrannofex - everything else came from my storage closet!

This has been a lot of fun. I don't know if I'll do another series like this next year, but I definitely plan to follow the 500 points/month model the next time I build a new 40k army. The pace was quite leisurely for me and left me time to work on other projects. Splitting between two armies was a great way to avoid burnout as well as each unit felt fresh when I sat down to paint!

The next thing I want to do with these armies (besides play some games) is set up my photo equipment and get some action shots with terrain - next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment