January 6, 2016

Madcap Toddlekin and Kip

The Arch-Summoner of Nhiran, Master of the Seven Sounds, Dreadlord of Limbo...


"No, I am NOT a dwarf!" shouted Madcap, hopping up and down, "Why does everyone keep asking me that?" he demanded over his shoulder to his apprentice, Kip, who still stood in the doorway of the tavern. She shrugged, bemused by her master's antics. She'd witnessed the same scene play out a dozen times.

The mercenaries looked uncomfortable.

"Beggin' yer pardon, lord," replied the leader of the sellswords, "Jenkins is a bit slow - taken one too many blows to his helmet." He elbowed the man next to him as he began to protest. "If yer offer still stands, my men and I can git you to Midnight Square. We can be ready to leave at first light."

"You can gather your gear and get ready to leave within the hour if you want your gold," huffed Madcap.

"But, lord, it will be dark by the time we reach Midnight Square and rumors say no one who ventures there under the moon has never been seen again." replied the captain.

"That is why I need soldiers," said the wizard as he turned to leave. "One hour, captain..."


Madcap Toddlekin is my Frostgrave wizard and he is a Summoner. I love all of the new Frostgrave soldiers, but I wanted something different and more.. quirky for my character and chose this Reaper Pathfinder model. I also wanted an apprentice that appeared to very young and again a Reaper miniature fit the bill. Both of these models were already hiding among the ridiculous pile of metal I've accumulated over the years.

The soldiers and henchmen will be drawn from two different collections. From the the official Frostgrave collection I am using a barbarian, a thief, and two plastic crossbowmen. I am also fielding four thugs made from Wargames Foundry Vikings that really look the part in fur and quilted jerkins. I am going to paint several demons for summoning as well, though I haven't decided exactly what to use for those.

More models soon! We should be starting up a campaign in a month or so and I'll detail Madcap's misadventures when we kick off.

2 comments:

  1. Going to be an interesting campaign. I should finish up my warband this week. I'll have to get you a little piece of backstory going and some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to be an interesting campaign. I should finish up my warband this week. I'll have to get you a little piece of backstory going and some pictures.

    ReplyDelete